August 31, 2011

HELPING HAND nominations and winners ... congrats winners!

For August 2011, we've been running a HELPING HAND competition.  All that was required was for someone to nominate a friend in need - whose life could be made better by the gift of a nic-nac nappywrap.  We received some lovely nominations, and all of them touched my heart in some way, but the five we've chosen are below, and their emails also.

Please email kylie@nic-nac.com.au with details for where to send the nappywraps etc ... we're posting them direct to the winners, so please let us know your friends contact info.
 
One thing that is clear - these winners are ALL lucky to have you for friends.  I hope these nic-nac nappywraps go some way to making life a little simpler.  Lots of love to you all!  xxx


1. Friends of ours have just found out in the last couple of weeks that they are having a baby. Which is such a shock considering he was told he may never have children. You see our friend almost died on valentines day 2 years ago. He had a forklift fall on him, broke his spine, pelvis and severed nerves down to his leg and his spleen burst. He was in hospital for a year, but she was there everyday for him!! Its been a very long road for the both of them and I am so happy for them. I would love to buy one for her to have for the baby but we are in no better situation, It would be great to be able to get them one though

Thanks

Therese Newton

* Therese this story about your friend has really touched me (largely due to the fact that when my husband broke his neck he was in hospital for a year and we had to move away from our little town to a city for his rehab, and life has never been the same since.  I KNOW first hand how immense this journey has been for them.  I would like to offer a carry-all to this little family as well as the nappywrap.  Please let me know their details and whether they'd prefer poppy dot or blueberry spot and I'll post it off on Friday.  xxx

2. I'd love to nominate my gorgeous friend Nic  for a helping hand. Nic has just discovered that she is pregnant with a very precious baby, a wee miracle who snuck in naturally while waiting to do a second IVF cycle.
Nic has been an amazing friend for me, through every stage of this motherhood journey. Recently, while I was sick, she came over on her lunch break from work to look after Eleanor while I slept. This was huge because I have no local family support and I needed a break, no matter how minor! And she bakes a brilliant cupcake.

So I'd like her to discover the nic-nac love. And I'd like to fill it with gorgeous little newborn nappies!

Cheers

Kath Angus

* Kath you are a gorgeous friend, and I know how much you must mean to Nic.  It's lovely that you can be there for each other (and that she bakes a brilliant cupcake!!!! ha ha)  Please let me know whether she'd like a poppy dot or blueberry spot, and it will be in the post on Friday.

3. I WOULD LOVE TO REWARD MY BEST FRIEND WITH A NIC-NAC NAPPYWRAP.

I FEEL SHE IS SO DESERVING AS SHE GIVES AND DOES SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE ELSE, ESPECIALLY ME !

I COULDN'T THINK OF A BETTER GIFT TO GIVE HER THAN A "HELPING HAND" LIKE THE NIC-NAC NAPPYWRAP.

SHE IS A BUSY MUM OF TWO AND EXPECTING NUMBER THREE SOON, YET ALWAYS FINDS TIME TO SPEND WITH ME TOO.

PLEASE CONSIDER HER FOR YOUR GIVEAWAY !

THANKS

Renee Paulson X

* Pauline your best friend sounds like she is very deserving of a nic-nac nappywrap, and thanks for your nomination.  Please let me know whether she'd like a blueberry spot or poppy dot, and it will be in the post on Friday.

4. Hi there...what are great idea! This is very nice of you 2 help people u don't know...it's people like you that help the world be a better place:)

I would like to nominate my friend Nooshin who just had a baby girl talia on Tuesday,she had a very long hard labour and at the end of it had 2 have a c section...4kgs baby!!Her husband just lost his job last week...because they didn't have much work for him!This is there first baby and I have a few of your things so I know they would love this:)
Thank you.Xx
Sally Hilsden

 * Thanks for the nomination Sally, what a story!  Challenging times ahead for this wee family, and I hope things look up for them soon on the job front.  Much love to you and your friend Nooshin and her husband and their new (big!) baby :-)  Please let me know which nappywrap they'd like - poppy dot or blueberry spot - and it will be posted on Friday.

5. Can I be bad and nominate myself??? LOL

I deserve a free nappy wrap to match my carry-all, but cant afford one as my fiance's work hours just got cut.... And we lose 200bux a week in pay. So no luxuries for us :(
So I'd love to have one to be able to boast about ur products more than I do now when people comment on my carry all (red trimming)
Thanks
Nikki Farimond

* While this nomination wasn't strictly following the guidelines, all of us here at the nic-nac studio have been aware for many months how much Nikki would like a nappywrap, and being such a huge supporter of nic-nac, we'd like to offer her one as she's going through tough times.  Nikki - I hope your fiance finds more work hours soon and best of luck to you all!  Which one would you prefer - poppy dot or blueberry spot?  We hope this nic-nac nappywrap simplifies your life ... and thanks for being such a big fan :-)

Thanks to you all who were a part of this ... we'll be running another HELPING HAND soon, so remember to read the newsletters when they come (spring edition coming out very soon) to find out how to be involved.

Have a great week everyone!

Kylie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment